Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wedding Day Day Dreaming!

Is it normal for every teenage girl to waste hours away dreaming of her fairytale wedding day? Some girls, the thought of a wedding never crosses her mind at 18 years of age. For me on the other hand, it's the river that runs into the stream of my imagination!

So I ask myself, "What is it that intrigues me about the biggest day in two peoples lives?"

"Why is it that I could spend hours in bed blogging pin after pin on Pinterest of wedding color schemes, wedding gowns, wedding pictures, and even down to the tiniest detail like the color of the ring on the brides finger?"

What is it about weddings that causes a girl to fall head over heals into a spiraling fairytale world about her big day?

I could spend forever on Lauren Fair's Photography Blog scrolling through her documentaries of the passionate couples on their big day. Is it the way the bride glows as the hairdresser wraps a strand of her hair around the smooth barrel of the hot curling iron? Is it the way the makeup brush sweeps across her eyelids bringing that extra shine to the sparkle in her eyes?

Is it the gown that I long to see? That I long to wear and feel beautiful in? I don't think that's it. I think it's the love displayed in the photos between the couple. This is why I fantasize about my wedding day. I dream about the love that two people share that is required to even have a fairytale wedding day that all of us dream of! This is what draws me in.

So with a girl who dreams so much of her wedding day, you are probably wondering what my dreams would look like! Pinterest is a girls best friend now isn't it?

I have a WHOLE Pinterest board dedicated solely to my dream wedding! "Weddings are Love."

I've settled on one thought as of right now and that is, BOHEMIAN. I seem to be drawn to all things with a bohemian feel. As follows: 
 This wedding would truly be a dream come true! Minus the shoes on the men... I would totally go for a whole different look with the men... where as the girls and colors are to die for!
 It may not be your typical bohemian dress but I think for myself I want a ball gown! I've been dreaming of being a princess and since ball gowns are not highly accepted to things like prom, why not take advantage of the one day that you can look like cinderella walking down the aisle to your prince charming! In my case, I want to look like rapunzel... she's my favorite.
 LOVE the floral crown although I've always wanted to wear a veil on my wedding day.
This cakes screams simple, elegant and BOHEMIAN of course. It works with the pastel color scheme and simplicity of the wedding. 

The crystals in the hair just really capture the entire feel... love love love it. 

 This tulle ball gown is just stunning... my dream dress.
And just a little more of the feel I love!


Ah weddings... How I can't wait to plan one of my own!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post :-) You make a great point about love.

    ReplyDelete